Thursday, March 3, 2011

I feel great!

I have a pair of boots that make me feel fantastic.  I wear them with a skirt (because my giant calves don't allow for jeanage wear) and I feel so fancy even with just a denim skirt and black top.  They are black leather and have a zipper and buckle that jingle and they come to just below my knee.  I love them.  Now I know why my little girls always want to wear boots, even snowboots.  They just make me feel powerful and funky and a little crazy.  I want to do a runway walk when I see a long stretch of floor.  I actually did just that in the store while trying them on.  They were not expensive and really aren't fancy or anything, but boy do I feel great in them.  My husband likes them too, especially with the skirt.  What it is about certain items that just make us feel more powerful or pretty?  I have even found that when I wear the boots, I stand straighter and feel more confident.  When I wear my converse, I slouch a little and take on the persona of a grungy youth.  The converse make me want to wear a hoodie and jeans.  The boots make me want to take on the world!  How crazy is that?
  Do you have an item in your wardrobe that makes you feel like Xena Warrior Princess or GIJoe?  Something that makes you feel special and causes you to exude confidence?  A jewelry item or shirt or maybe even the clothes you wore to prom or the suit you wore to your first interview.  Tell me what makes you feel confident and wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment