Monday, February 28, 2011

My (a poem)

My feet.
My feet are surrounded by dirty laundry, pet hair, and school papers.
My feet are in my shoes, ready to go to the next activity.
My feet are sore from being used all day.

My body.
My body is surrounded by little bodies ready for a hug.
My body is desiring my husband.
My body is hungry and tired.

My hands.
My hands hold pens ready to sign the next permission slip.
My hands hold my keys, ready to leave or come home.
My hands type, type, type.

My head.
My head is filled with homework.
My head is already thinking ahead to what I need to do next.
My head is putting dinner on the table and listening for the disobedient child.

My heart.
My heart holds the hands of my children.
My heart holds the face of my husband.
My heart yearns to burst with all that I feel.

But my eyes.
My eyes hold steady to the One who will pull me through.
My eyes look to Him who holds my hand and gives me strength.
My eyes look into His and I am at peace.

3 comments: