Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Boxers and Bra straps

How many of ya'll have been minding your own business, walking through the grocery store and all of a sudden, there is some guy's undies screaming at you?  "Hey!  Look at my underwear!"  Ugh!  I don't need to see that!  Plaid seems to be the boxer of choice, but occasionally you get the idiot who decides to wear white ones.  In case they didn't know, white underwear are in fact see through and show stains more clearly.  I had a guy in front of me in Food Lion one day, bent over his cart, flashing his dirty white shorts.  His dirty jeans were pulled down past his butt cheeks and his dirty white shorts were flashing me.  Really?  Did it cross his mind that I wouldn't want to see that?  That belts are sold for a reason?  I recently went to a party where a bunch of teens were in attendance.  A young man came in wearing white skinny jeans and blue plaid boxers.  His pants were belted BELOW his butt cheeks.  It was almost as if the boxers were a part of his ensemble.  This fashion craze is one of the more ridiculous I have seen.  Underwear should not be part of your outfit. 
  With that being said, bra straps are apparently making their debut in today's fashions.  Girls are wearing camis (meant to be undershirts) as their shirts and then wearing their bra straps showing.  Now, although I am glad that young people are in fact wearing under clothes, I don't need to see it.  I have a real passion for this.  I find it very unpolite that young people can't take a moment to get dressed properly.  It takes just as long to put on a whole shirt or a pair of jeans that fit.  When did boob and butt cleavage become a fashion trend?  Forgive my language, we speak plainly at my house. 
  And while we're on the topic, do not wear your pajamas out in public.  That is just distasteful.  I don't need to see your Mickey Mouse, Betty Boob, Superman, Pacman, whatever pajamas you decided to wear to bed last night.  Eww.  If I took the 2 seconds to switch out my pj's for jeans to run to the store to buy milk, then you can too. 
  We who care should set a good example to those who don't.  By the time our children grow up, clothes will be unnecessary and people will be walking around nude.  You can be comfortable and fashionable in clothes that cover all your goods.  I do not allow my children out in public unless they are fully dressed.  No pajamas or underwear hanging out.  Bra straps are covered.  This is a given.  They're not always happy about that but it is a manner of etiquette.  I think etiquette has been thrown out the window these days but it needs to make a comeback.  Did you know that cities are being rated on a rudeness level now?  Baltimore, I think, was 7th on the list of major cities.  Little things make a big difference people.  Hold the door for someone, help someone with their groceries, say please and thank you, and pull your pants up! 
What loss of etiquette bothers you the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment