Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mia's birthday

Today was Mia's 9th birthday and she lucked out!  There was just enough ice on the ground to cancel school but not keep us snowed in.  We went out to lunch at Chik-fil-A, shopped at Wal-Mart, went to 5 Below, stopped at the library, and then made it home exhausted and happy.  It is not often that I get to spend one on one time with my 5th kid and we really enjoyed our day.  She is quirky and funny and I enjoy her company.  Taking the one on one time with the birthday kid is quickly becoming a tradition in our house, one I hope we keep going.  I like to think that I am the kind of mom that spends enough time with her kids but I know I don't.  Knowing that I get to hang out with them alone on their b-day is so special, especially when you have alot of kids.
  We parents have a brain full of good intentions and great ideas but we so often don't get to see them fulfilled.  Our kids don't remember the intentions and ideas unless we do them.  It is not good enough to say to them, "I intended to take you to Disney World but it just never happened".  That means nothing to a child.  What matters is the things we do, even if it is just lunch alone with them at Chik-fil-A on their b-day.  What special memory can you make with your child today?

No comments:

Post a Comment